Wednesday 2 July 2008

Entertainment

I must try to blog more often. I have been reading some of the others on the net, and getting my canal fix that way. Petroc, and Dogsontour and Warrior all make good reading. Keep up the good work!

Anyway the biggest thing we have been upto lately a) a power audit (boring!!!), and b)trying to install Satellite TV (reason for power audit). Well when you have a 12 year old, and a husband who can not cope without some form of TV fix at regular intervals, it makes for a more peaceful life.

After reading, in other peoples blog, the joy of setting up I was not looking forward to this. And I am sad to say, it lived up to expectations and some. Even though we had all of the recommended kit - Kerstan mini dish, sat finder, compass. Thought I was going on an expedition!

4 hours on Saturday - No TV
3.25 hours on Sunday - Finally a signal

I do hope that it does get better, at this rate we will stopping at mid day, just to get a signal by bedtime!!!

If anyone has any hints - please please please let me know.

Also another bit of monumental news - I have finally took the plunge and bought a bike. Not the matching one to husband (Harley D), but a Trek Navigator you pedal yourself.

The Plan - Lose weight, get fit, save money

Reality - Unable to walk due to jelly legs, heart attack, and generally total collapse.

Oh well, It has only been two days, so I think I will give a few more - years maybe!!

No comments: