Well I hope you are sitting comfortably and why on why do I not take photographs. It would show the difference. Hindsight is the perfect science so I am told.
At the end of August 08, after a holiday of running the Gas/12v/240v fridge through an inverter and flattening batteries because the two other methods Gas & 12V would not work, we decided to get a new Fridge.
Now I liked the idea of having the three way choice, BSC disagrees on many, and possibly quite sensible points, so the decision was a 12v.
Further investigation and after taking into consideration the hole available without having to dismantle the Kitchen, which I quite like, I settled on a WACO from Midland Chandlers. On showing hubbie the chosen one, he stated that seeing as the 12v on the other fridge didn't work, it might be an idea to give the electrics a bit of an overhaul. Seems sensible!! Also, to get old fridge off, the stern doors would need to be removed, and seeing that they need a bit of attention lets do those as well. Can you see where this is going.
When arriving at Midland Chandlers (which in it self was eventfully, see previous post) hubby went into spending overload. Cable of every shape, colour, and size was purchased, trip boxes, new sockets and plugs, etc oh and a Fridge was purchased. I tried to get a new cooker and hob that I fancied, but that was vetoed. This was on the 13th December 2008
Hubby then went down with every lurgi going, colds, flu (man) tummy bugs. You name it he had it. (personally I think the thought of all the work to do frightened the health out of him)
Work finally commenced with the stern door being removed just after Christmas. As with all jobs there is more to do than originally anticipated. When brought home, the top of the door (they are stable type ones) was found to be completely rotten and had to be remade. This set the tone for the whole of the work needing to be completed.
The electrics where found to be completely crap on the boat. The original fuse box had every fuse with at least 2, normally 3 items being put through. No wonder the lights flicker when the water pump was working!!! The cable into the boat was 10mm when it should have been 25mm, and it goes on and on.
Anyway, at the end of last week we (royal we really, as there was only space for one person in most of the gaps. I supplied biscuits coffee and food and relevant intervals) completed the following
New cable into the boat
New trip box fitted
New Isolation switch fitted
New wiring internally at the stern end.
New fridge installed
New thermostat fitted on Gas heating
New sockets and plugs fitted.
New kitchen taps fitted, (other ones failed in the cold weather, even though the water system was drained)
Still to do:-
Re fit Stern Doors
Re fit cupboard Door
Re do Bow Doors (now look tatty compared with stern, that's the way it goes)
Sort out leak on side hatch doors (feel this may be an on going life long thing)
Any way I will try to get some photos of said work, when snow allows.
Now what about that cooker and hob!!!! I think I better keep quiet.